Web Design Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web development & design services offered by Martin’s Media. By ordering services from Martin’s Media you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to European website guidelines and Irish laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Martin’s Media .
- Martin’s Media cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- From time to time “The Client” will require extra design requirements during a project, or extra files upon completion of a project. The client will be informed if the alterations or changes requested fall outside the scope of the original estimate. If the client wishes these alterations to be made they must agree in writing, and our hourly rate of €75 will be payable.
- The Client will endeavour to supply web content, copy and graphics within 14 days. If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Martin’s Media will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- The copyright for all material provided by Martin’s Media , such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Martin’s Media until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Martin’s Media makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed or indeed in browsers that are no longer being supported.
- Martin’s Media will initially place the client’s website on one of Martin’s Media ‘s demonstration servers during the design processes in order that the client may view and comment upon the website’s progress. When both Martin’s Media and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Martin’s Media will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Martin’s Media will publish the website on the client’s server, a third parties server or provide the source code for the site via a download for the client to upload.
- Martin’s Media may submit a client’s website to several of the major search engines as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Martin’s Media to promote a web site as a separate commission, Martin’s Media will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high rankings in search engine results.
- Martin’s Media can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client’s web site. Or for where a search engine chooses to display a listing for a particular site.
- A 50% down-payment will be required before work commences. Staged payments thereafter. Full work will only be released after final payment is made.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so. Should the project be cancelled, the cancellation fee is equal to the amount of the initial deposit plus any additional expenses incurred above and beyond the deposit amount.
- Martin’s Media expects payment by cheque, credit card or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
- Failure to settle within 30 days may result in the delay of further deliveries. Overdue accounts will be subject to a 3% charge per Month, calculated daily and due immediately.
- Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a €25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- Martin’s Media reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Martin’s Media prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
Limitations of Service
- Martin’s Media does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Martin’s Media to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Martin’s Media will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected. Martin’s Media reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.